If you are a fan of almond flavor, you’re going to love these! They are Keto and low-carb friendly, protein packed, delicious breakfast cakes. The touch of cinnamon rounds out the flavor to perfection. The texture will be different than your traditional pancakes, but they are surprisingly fluffy. Top with anything you like. If keeping your sugar intake low, add some plain greek yogurt or melted butter and a few blueberries! Otherwise, drizzle with a good real maple syrup or warmed raw honey.
Makes about nine 4″ pancakes
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons almond butter
- 4 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- optional: stevia to sweeten
- coconut oil or butter to cook pancakes with
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, almond butter, and almond extract until well-combined.
- Add in salt, cinnamon, and almond flour. Use a beater or wooden spoon to thoroughly mix until lumps are removed.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat with a little coconut oil or butter. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter to create one pancake. Cook until small bubbles form and edges firm up. Then flip with a spatula and cook on the other side.