Inspired by my own spinach artichoke dip recipe, I created this instant pot dish! It is perfectly creamy, satisfying, savory, and delicious….I nearly slurped the cheesy garlicky sauce down like soup. This recipe I created to fit a Keto or low-carb diet, as requested by many of our clients, but if you prefer you can serve this dish over pasta or rice. Of course having a carbohydrate under your sauce will help to soak it up. If you want a low-carb noodle option try already prepared zucchini noodles “zoodles” or spiralize your own, which is very simple. You will love how quickly this dish will cook and be ready to serve!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 3/4 cups organic whole milk
- 2 pouches chicken broth liquid concentrate (9.6 g ea) I prefer reduced-sodium
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 ounces fresh spinach leaves (You can also use frozen. Pictured with frozen, because that is what I had, but it is prettier and my preference with fresh;)
- 1.5 cups cooked and quartered artichoke hearts (frozen or canned)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder (to thicken if desired)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small dish mix your herbs: basil, parsley, oregano, rosemary, and red pepper flakes (if using). Season your raw chicken breasts with salt and pepper to your personal taste, then sprinkle your herb mixture on each one evenly.
- For this next step I will give you two options: You can either sauté chicken in a skillet to fit them all at once and brown evenly or use the saute/browning feature on your instant pot. If you choose the latter, you will likely need to brown the chicken breasts in two batches because the base of the instant pot is smaller. For instant pot, heat oil. Then add chicken and brown for about 20-30 seconds per side.
- Then pour in milk, liquid chicken broth concentrate, and crushed garlic. Seal pot and pressure cook for 13 minutes. Release steam and open pot. Remove chicken and check with a knife to make sure the breasts are cooked through. When cooked thoroughly, place the chicken on a plate. You can slice if you like.
- Next remove a couple spoonfuls of the heated milk and mix with arrowroot powder in a dish (if you prefer your sauce thicker). Pour back in. Then you will add the following ingredients into your instant pot with the liquid: sour cream, cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, spinach, and artichoke hearts. Place the Instant pot on the sauté function again and bring to a simmer, stirring until cheese has melted, everything is warmed, and sauce has thickened.
- When sauce is ready you can place chicken back into pot to keep warm. When ready to serve ladle sauce over cooked chicken in individual shallow bowls.