This is a dairy-free, low-carb, packed with nutrition, simple Instant pot meal. Creamy, savory and oh so good! You’ll love the textures in this dish, which come from the fresh cilantro, crunchy nuts, and saucy goodness. Try this over cauliflower rice to soak up all the yummy sauce. I promise this will become a new staple. It also gives you a powerful immune boost with turmeric, ginger, and garlic.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 small white onion or 1/2 large, diced
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 handfuls fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 14 oz. can coconut cream
- cayenne pepper and black pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: fresh cilantro, toasted cashews or slivered almonds, and lemon
- Add the following to your instant pot: chicken broth or water, chicken breasts, onion, curry, turmeric, garlic, and ginger. Set timer on your pressure cooker/ Instant pot to cook for 10 minutes. Release pressure. When pressure is fully released you can remove lid and check that chicken is cooked through. If it is not, add another 5 minutes to cook. Once the chicken is cooked through, remove from pot and set aside. Leave remaining sauce.
- Add to your pot: fresh spinach, coconut oil, and coconut cream. Set to sauté for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cut chicken into pieces or shred.
- Add chicken back into Instant pot when done.
- When ready to serve, ladle into bowls. Serve with cauliflower rice! Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and toasted nuts. Squeeze a little fresh lemon on top and add cayenne and black pepper to taste!
NOTE: If you would like to try a crockpot, add all ingredients from #1 and slow cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Remove chicken and cut in pieces 30 minutes before ready to serve. Then for the last 30 minutes of cooking, add ingredients from #2. Add chicken back in (#3) and follow step #4.