Light, packed with nutrition and absolutely delicious! Any firm white fish in this dish will do– including a fresh halibut or mahi mahi. Lemon adds a nice tanginess and the capers add just the right amount of salt. A little garlic and onion and you’re set! You’ll love this served with roasted or sautéed vegetables including broccoli, cauliflower, or steamed greens like spinach or kale.
- 2 black cod fillets (or other firm white fish like halibut)
- 1 Tbs capers
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T butter
- 1 Tbs finely chopped onion (optional)
- Fresh chopped parsley to garnish
Double recipe for 4 pieces of fish.
- Sprinkle cod fillets with salt and peppter.
- Heat 1 T olive oil in skillet. Cook fillets about 3-4 min on each side until seared and just cooked through.
- Remove from heat and put on a plate. Cover to retain heat.
- Heat butter and sauté garlic (and onion if using) in pan for a few min on medium low heat.
- Add wine, lemon juice (even a little zest from your lemon if you like a stronger lemon flavor) and capers
- simmer about 2 more minutes.
- Spoon over fish and sprinkle with parsley. Add additional salt and pepper to taste if needed. Served with oven roasted broccoli with garlic and oven roasted rosemary potatoes!
Served with oven roasted garlic broccoli and oven roasted rosemary potatoes!