Good old fashioned kicked up thick-cut rolled oats on this rainy Saturday morning…and a gorgeous vibrant pink Mountain Rose Apples! ??
Oats are packed with vitamins and minerals, high in fiber and help lower cholesterol. This hardly needs a recipe, but serves as a good American favorite comfort breakfast food reminder
- 2 1/4 cup Oats
- 3 1/4 cup cold water
- 1-2 T chia seeds
- 1/4-1/2 t salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or just plain cinnamon if you like)[/ingredients]
Cooking tip: If you like more textured Oats heat water to boiling before adding other ingredients. If you like them creamier, my preference:
- Add all ingredients together in pot and heat on medium-high heat until bubbling.
- Then turn down to simmer. Stir while cooking so as not to burn the bottom.
- Oats are cooked in 5-7 minutes depending on their thickness.
- Top with milk of your choice, nuts, dried and fresh fruits![/directions]Sometimes people advocate cooking with milk, but I prefer water in the first step because it’s less gummy. Check out my previous cooked oatmeal or even overnight oats posts!!