Heavenly moist and fluffy muffins with juicy blueberries. This recipe is paleo-friendly and completely grain-free. It’s made with coconut and almond flour and a touch of honey sweetness. The addition of shredded coconut and hemp seeds add awesome texture. With half a dozen eggs in the recipe, there are 4 grams of protein in each mini muffin! These are great for easy wholesome snacks or a quick grab and go breakfast option. Makes 10-12
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut + more for sprinkling on top
- 1 Tbs hulled hemp seeds
- 4 Tbs coconut milk, regular milk, or other milk alternative
- 2 Tbs coconut oil melted
- 2 Tbs butter melted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- about a cup of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease or line a muffin tin.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl with melted butter, melted coconut oil, milk or milk alternative, honey and vanilla extract.
- Sift in coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add hemp seeds, shredded coconut, and almond flour and beat to mix.
- Pour into muffin cups
- Poke 4-6 blueberries, depending on their size, into each muffin cup to distribute.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Sprinkle top of each with a little shredded coconut.