Weekend brunch is complete with a skillet frittata ?Diced ham, green chiles and cheese is a favorite combo on this rainy Saturday!
- 10 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 oz. fire roasted green chiles
- 1 cup diced ham
- 2 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 onion diced •3 T butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese + 1/4 cup
- 1/4 shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a bowl.
- Add shredded cheese, green chile, salt, pepper, and diced ham and stir together.
- Melt 2 T butter in cast iron skillet.
- Sauté onion until tender on Med heat.
- Add spinach and wilt.
- Remove onion and spinach from skillet and add to bowl.
- Stir together with egg mixture.
- Melt another T butter in skillet and coat sides of pan.
- Pour egg mixture in the pan and cover with the lid. Cook on Medium-low heat (about level 4 on my gas range) for about 25 min until it puffs a bit and knife comes out clean.
- Then sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded cheddar and 1/4 cup shredded parmesan.
- Place under broiler for about 3 min. Let sit a few minutes before serving.
- Cut in wedges and serve with favorite salsa.