I love to share quick breakfast options with you all! Try a Yogurt Parfait! Since breakfast is your most important meal of the day it’s essential you get something besides coffee in your system, and for those that feel they don’t have time to prepare something, a dish you can make the night before, like this, and have ready to grab-and-go in the early morning are perfect! Use any fruits, nut, seeds or toppings you have on hand. Here is a recipe for a blueberry and strawberry version topped with walnuts!
- 8 oz. plain whole milk yogurt (I prefer Greek which has more protein and less lactose for those with issues)
- 1/2 cup whole fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh cut strawberries
- About 5 walnut halves you can chop up if you want
- 1 Tbs raw honey (use local honey if you can to help in allergy season especially)
- Layer ingredients in a mason jar.
- Start with 1/3 of 8oz. container of yogurt
- Layer 1/2 cup of berries, followed by another portion of yogurt, then another 1/2 cup of berries and your remaining yogurt.
- Top with a small handful of walnuts and sprinkle of coconut, chia or hemp seeds if you want