Last night’s dinner was simple and spectacular!
Chicken breasts are stuffed and wrapped in bacon before roasting. I made a garlic blue cheese sauce to top everything with (sauce recipe in my blue cheese burger post).
[ingredients title=”Ingredients”] (Serves 4-6)
- 3 large chicken breasts (or about 2 lbs)
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 T diced green onions
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound asparagus
- About 2 Tbs olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1-2 Tbs parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Spread prepared asparagus on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and Parmesan cheese.
- Roast asparagus for about 12 min in preheated oven.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in skillet for about 5-7 min until crisp on the edges (turning over once).
- Mix blue cheese, pecans and green onions in a bowl.
- Cut open chicken breast at thickest point through to the bottom to create a pocket. Fill each with 1/3 blue cheese filling.
- Wrap 2 pieces of bacon in an “x” across each breast with end parts underneath breast. Use a toothpick to hold down or to close if needed. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 30 min in preheated oven.