Savory sausage, salty feta, and al dente cooked veggies are a perfect combination in this one-pan dish! Need a simple weeknight meal that tastes oh so delicious?! Here it is! This make a perfect gluten free- low carbohydrate meal on its own, but also good with cooked grain, rice or pasta.
- 1 pound Sausage inks (ie. Chicken Spinach & Feta Sausage https://isernio.com/products/chicken-sausages/
- 2 bell peppers, sliced in 1/4-1/2 inch strips
- 1 small red onion, sliced lengthwise
- 2 kale leaves, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet on medium heat. I prefer my cast-iron skillet for this. Heat sausages until cooked through. Turn over as needed. Then remove from skillet and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet again, still on medium heat. Add crushed garlic cloves, onions, and pepper to skillet. Sauté until onion and pepper cooked al dente and garlic is translucent. Then add kale and wilt.
- Next add herbs, salt and pepper to taste, and white wine. Cook for about 2-3 minutes longer. Stir together and add sausage back in. Sprinkle with feta cheese.